Sunday, May 20, 2012

Long Overdue

Wow!  It has been over a month since I posted last.  I am sorry I was trying to get to a certain place in my quilting so I would have something to say besides just the "I'm busy quilting" post.  Well I hit a dry spell and really had to take a few days off from my quilting.  So I kind of vegged for a few days just playing solitare while listening to audio books.  After spending 5 mor more hours a day hand quilting I really needed the break.  So it took me a little longer to get to the place I was trying to get to  but last night I finally made it!

I can now say I am at the half way point of the quilt if you don't count the border  I have quilted two rows of hearts and two rows of sashing.  I now have two rows of hearts and one row of sashing to do before I begin the borders. Not to bad for having started the actual quilting only in March.  It's been just a little over two months since I started.  But I still wonder if I will be pushing it to complete the quilt by October which was my original goal.  Still I'm going to keep pushing forward.

So without further ado here are two pictures of the quilt up to this point.  For the most part I am happy but there are things I would change/fix if I could.  I've learned a lot from this quilt and I'll have to write about that some time.  But for now...Here it is...


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful!! Your quilt is really coming along. I like that you're putting so much quilting into it..it's a lot of work, but the results will be worth it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really? Do you think it is a lot of quilting? I sort of worndered if I had put enough into it. I'm glad you like it. I sure hope my Aunt does! :-)

    ReplyDelete