Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Do you remember me?

Well I've been gone for nearly 2 years because of school. I have one more year of school to go. Still I wanted to pop in and say hello.

The quilt is over 1/2 way done even though it has spent most of the last two years in the dark of a plastic bag. I got it out and spent a week or two working on it then summer school started. I'm still hoping I will still have some time to quilt before school starts back up in the fall. I can't wait until I am done and then I will have time to finish my aunts quilt and move on to other quilts. I still have one other needing to be quilted and I want to make others. Once I am done with school I will get a regular job and be able to have time to quilt in the evenings and on the weekends. It will never be as much time as I used to have to quilt but I will still be happier than I am now with no time for any quilting at all.

My summer class is Oral Communications. Guess what my next three speeches will be about? You got it!!! Quilting. On Tuesday I have a demonstration speech and I am going to show how to sandwich and pin a quilt. Then I will have an Informative speech and I will talk about quilting and lastly is a Persuasive speech in which I have to persuade you to quilt. It should be a lot of fun. I will keep in touch and let you know how it is going.

Ah the good old hand quilting is still in my blood pumping right on along.

Until next time God be with you!
Debbie

1 comment: