Thursday, March 29, 2012

Slow But Steady Wins The Race

Not a lot to report.  Today was a slow day on the quilting because I just felt burned out.  I nearly have 1 out of 4 rows done and about 1/2 a row of sashing (row's in between the heart row's) done.  I just feel like it is coming along so slowly.  But I do quilt about 6 hours a day on a normal day.

I am finding that I have to go back and remark things such as the hearts that are traced with the white iron out pen.  I also need to take some time and go back and add some more pins into the quilt.  Can you believe that 700 pins weren't enough?  Well I had heard that you should pin a hand width apart and now I am learning that it should be 3 fingers apart for machine quilting and 2 fingers apart for hand quilting especially if you quilt with a loose hoop like I do.  So I need to go back and add some more pins.  While I'm doing that, I am also retracing some of the hearts I traced when I first started.

I also tossed around rather to quilt the hearts with the natural thread I am using or to use a color like the heart color.  I've finally decided to use a color similar to the heart color.  So I went back and bought about $25 worth of thread to have all the colors I would need.  Now mind you I have no clue what I'm going to do with all this thread when I am done quilting.  I don't know if I will ever need some of these colors again.  It is hard to say.

I'll post some pictures when I finish the row along with the row of sashing.  That will be in a week or so.  Until then God Bless.

2 comments:

  1. Have just discovered your blog and lovely projects. Thank you for introducing the Barnetts laptop hoops to your readers. I've never seen one like it with the beanbag and I'm genuinely impressed. I used an old fashioned quilt frame to hand-tie my last quilt but have never been able to do my embroidery work on it.

    Bless you for providing Godly encouragement to other quilters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for visiting my site. I do appreciate the encouragement. It can be discouraging at times. I do hope I provide Godly encouragement to new quilters and maybe some of the more experienced quilters.

    May you be blessed for your encouragement to me.

    ReplyDelete