Tuesday, February 21, 2012

CUT CUT CUT SEW SEW SEW

Today has been a very productive day.  I cut the sashings for the blocks.  I worried that it would be hard with the rulers I have.  But I am so grateful that it was easy to cut the sashings for these heart blocks.  I was worried about that.  I did misjudge the sizes for the bottom sashings but hey they are too big so I can cut them before I even sew them on!  Yea!  Always better too big than too small.  The sashings will all be on by the time I go to bed.  Yes it is moving well.  Tomorrow will be connecting the blocks together and possible putting the borders on.  Friday will probably be picture time then the marking and Saturday should be the pinning it all together and Sunday well we will see how it all goes.  Lord willing no later than Monday I will be quilting.

I've ordered all my stencils that I plan to use for this project and all but one are here.  I had problems with the heart stencil fitting into my heart pattern so I'm going to have to change it up a little bit but I'm pleased to say I will be able to work it out.  So here is the stitching idea's

The hearts are being stitched with http://quiltingstencils.com/featherheart11.aspx
The sashing (small borders in the quilt) will be quilted with this
http://quiltingstencils.com/cableandflowerborder45.aspx
And the borders will either be a bigger version of the sashings or it will be http://quiltingstencils.com/heartborderandcorner9.aspx

Now is your chance to voice your thoughts.  Should the sashings and the border be the same or should I use the heart border?  What do you think?

Until tomorrow  God bless you and thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment