Saturday, February 11, 2012

Feeling GREEN

FEELING A BIT
GREEN


There may be snow on the ground and it may be 20 degree's but I was feeling mighty green today.  I cut and sewed most of the day cranking out 3 hearts.  Can you guess what color they are?  You got it GREEN!!!!!

Don't mind my shadow on the blocks.

My stencils arrived today and even though I took a pledge to slow down and enjoy the whole process of the quilt making I am finding it hard not to be anxious for the quilting part of the project.  Especially after getting the stencils.  I just love creating images with the thread.

Oh but I do have reason to brag I guess.  I've managed to perfect my cutting, piecing and ironing to the point where I didn't have to do any trimming to square up one square (the top one) and very very little trimming on the other two squares.

Tonight I will leave you with a quote from a book I'm reading named Quilts From Heaven by Lucinda McDowell

"To appreciate the precision of working with tiny sections, consider that if the measurement of just one edge of one piece is not perfectly aligned, the plan of the entire quilt top can be jeopardized." 


(They are all the same size.
The pictures are just sized differently)

No comments:

Post a Comment