Thursday, February 23, 2012

ONE STEP FORWARD THREE STEPS BACK

Oh how frustrating today has been but I am happy to say I have kept my cool.  Over and over I kept telling myself "it's all a learning process"   I was preparing to sew my last row of hearts on the quilt when I realized I had put two hearts in the wrong place on that row because I ended up with a purple lining up with a purple just above it and that shouldn't be.  So I thought "that's O.K.  We will just leave it that way."  Then a light bulb went off in my head.  I shouldn't have any purples in the bottom row.  Those are my extra hearts and none of my extra hearts were purple.  OH NO!  That means something is terrible wrong some place.  So on the hunt I went.  I found it in the second row.  I had listed Tammy's favorite color as pink when it is purple.  I wanted to cry.    But I held my cool.  I had to get out the seam ripper and disconnect half of the second row from the first and third row.  Then I had to take apart 2 blocks.  From there I had to take apart 2 blocks on the bottom row so that I could move the purple into the spot the pink now occupied.  Everything was going slow but fine when suddenly I hear RIP!!! 
 

There!  Right there!  Do you see it?  It ripped right into the seam.  There was no way I could trust that not to go into the heart.  Sooo  off to to the store to get some fabric to remake the heart. UGH!  Fast forward time at the store, wash and dry and iron the fabric, cut out the fabric and sew the heart.  Now we get to put it all back together with the NEW purple (yes that picture is really purple not blue) in the right spot.  Now Tammy has the right favorite color and I am RIGHT BACK WHERE I STARTED THIS MORNING.  Oh but my problem is fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment