Thursday, February 16, 2012

Ever learning

Do we ever quit learning?  I don't think I ever will.  One reason is there are always new things to try and new ways to try old things.  Some times the old ways are best some times not.  But the lessons I've learned lately have been costly.

1.  I bought one of those Clover mini irons on eBay.  Well don't buy on eBay unless you are sure you are going to like what you get.  I don't like the iron.  Case and point the old way is best for me.  I like to use my big iron.  Now I'm stuck with this little thing I'll never use.  If I had gone down to Joann's and bought it I could have taken it back.  But if I had liked it I would have paid about twice as much for it so which way was best?

2.  I bought some fabric once again on eBay (see note above about buying from eBay)  It was listed as Teal.  It seems more green to me than teal.  How do I know my Aunt will like that color?  Should I use the solid fabric I purchased at first instead of this "teal" that doesn't look teal?  UGH!  Oh and I shouldn't have second guessed myself when my husband suggested the solid teal.  I should have gone with the tone on tone teal I had in my hand!   But now I have a yard of fabric I don't know if I will ever use and I'm still not happy with my choice.

That is another lesson I've learned.  Don't second guess yourself.  Usually your first choice is the best choice.

3.  The third lesson is don't go for the cheaper just to save a buck or two.  I bought some new pins because mine were getting old and hard to push through the fabric.  I wanted to buy the flower head pins like the ones I had but I chose the ones that were $2.00 cheaper.  Well guess what?  They don't go through the fabric any better than the ones I took back.  Just goes to show you, you get what you pay for.

Lessons learned.  I'm always learning new lessons.  I just don't like it when the lessons end up costing me.

No comments:

Post a Comment