Wednesday, February 15, 2012

SLOW MOTION

The last few days have been more laid back on my work.  I have had a lot more pain the last few days so I've slowed way down.  Still I have been getting 3 hearts a day done.  I thought I might get a few more done today but I honestly don't know at this point.

Yesterday was a productive day.  While I forgot to take pictures of my work I will tell you I did get 3 blue hearts finished.  Besides that we went to another fabric store and I was able to find 2 colors to replace the ones that didn't work.  If you remember I had a blue that the pattern was one that wouldn't work with the patchwork hearts and I had a red that was way too thin to use.  So I ended up getting another blue and since the red was an extra heart I chose a darker green instead since I couldn't find a red I was happy enough with.  I have also ordered what I hope is a really nice teal to replace the solid teal I have.  I just don't want to stick a solid in with the mix but I can if I need too.  I was hoping it would get here today so I could wash it with the other fabrics.  But it isn't here yet.  If it doesn't come tomorrow I may just go ahead and wash the two fabrics I just purchased.

I did come to a decision on the batting.  The store we were at had the Hobbs I was thinking of getting.  I was very happy about that until I opened the package and felt the batting.  It in NO WAY compared with the Quilters Dream samples I was sent.  I did go with the Cotton since most of the hand quilting reviews I read recommended it and the quilt is going to Texas so I want something lighter that will breath.  I also chose the mid range thickness because it is said to show off the quilting well.  We shall see.  I also plan to check out their wool batting at some point.  I've been tempted by the cotton bamboo blends as well as the silk blends that I've read about but lets face it, there is only so much money to go around and that is getting up into the high end deals.  All in all I think I made the right choice for this project. 

I will try to remember the pictures tonight.  :-)

Until next time...keep stitching

No comments:

Post a Comment