- Slow down the process and not rush ahead.
- Be sure to measure and remeasure. What's that saying? Measure twice and cut once.
- How to square up the blocks
- To trust my instinct and my creativity
- And to be willing to step out of what I'm used to and do something new. Who knows, I may even try applique some time or teach myself to machine quilt. Of course I will only do that in a pinch because I have the hand quilting process.
This has been a row making day. I've made 3 rows and connected them. I'm starting to see the quilt come together and it is exciting. I'm still my hardest critic but I think I LOVE this quilt.
I don't know how much more I will work on the quilt tonight but if I don't finish the rows then tomorrow I plan to finish the rows and start marking it for quilting. I think it may be best to mark it before I put the borders on. What do you think? Mark first or borders first?